I think this may happen to you: You have watched a great flash video on a video site and you want to keep them to your computer. But the site doesn’t allow you to download them. How to solve the problem? Don’t worry, you can learn how to download flash video on any site from this article.
Let’s have a general idea on flash video. Flash video is the container format including FLV, F4V and SWF, which deliver video by Adobe Flash Player. It becomes a more popular format for embedded videos on the World Wide Web. Some notable sites of this format include YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo Video, Dailymotion, Metacafe, and many more.
Here I will talk two ways on downloading flash videos:
Way 1: Download Flash videos with browser
Most browsers have Develop tools and allow you to check the page code. I will take Firefox for example.
- Launch Firefox and open the page from which you want to download videos.
- Right-click on the empty page, and choose Page Info.
- You will see five tabs and select the Media tab. All media will list on this window including pictures, style sheets and flash files.
- There’s bit of work involved as you have to sift through the cached elements to locate the SWF file. You can make it quicker by sorting the elements by type and narrowing down to the one that says Embed. Highlight the file and click “Save” as to save the file on your hard drive.
Way 2: Download flash videos with Tenorshare Video Downloader
Tenorshare Windows Video Downloader is pro tool for downloading video. This program can download videos from 100+ sites including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and Dailymotion. It supports 1080p HD and 4K videos download without quality loss (I have to say it is really powerful). In addition, it is not only a video downloader, but also a Windows video converter, which can help you convert videos to other formats.
Step 1. Download and install Tenorshare Video Converter
Step 2. Download videos from YouTube
Here are two options:
- Option 1. Download videos by “Paste URL” button. Copy the video url from your browser, and click “Paste URL” button.
- Option 2. Using “Online Video”. Switch to “Online Video”. For example, if you want to download video from YouTube, you can click YouTube icon. Paste the YouTube video link to the pop-up window.
Tips: This program allows you to convert downloaded videos to other formats, so you play them on any devices. Just click the “Convert” in download library.